Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where's my $2.00 !!!!!

What is up with the news paper carriers? I usually ride with our chain-gang in the morning starting about 5:30 am. Yea, I know and yes it is stupid cold. With my crazy life I don't think I've ridden in the sunlight in months. Ok, back to the encounter. So we're out riding one morning in the dark looking like a circus train with all of our lights and reflective clothing. So, it's pretty much impossible not to see us. In the distance we hear this rattling, kind of like rocks in your hub cap sound. It's a newspaper carrier. Well he comes right up on top of us riding, no big deal we've gotten use to it. This morning was different he was throwing the papers drivers side through passengers window. My buddy is running point on our group and something flys by his head, and then we hear a thump. It was the newpaper! One more pedal stroke and he'd be laying in the ditch. It kinda of confused us so there were no verbal exchanges with the paper dude. Later same ride we're heading back sky is starting to get lighter, and there he is same paper guy behind us. This time we got ready for the flying papers. But no paper. Instaed he came around us and sat right in front of us for about half a mile just cruising bout' 10 mph. Slowing us up and not letting us pass. He then drove off. I don't know what that was all about. So if you ride around old gun and you hear the noise of rocks in a hub cap, just slow up, if not you could end up headless.
CM

No comments:

Post a Comment