Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OUCH!!!

I once read an article that a coach wrote about off season training. He said that fixed gear riding did absolutely nothing for conditioning. BULL!! All I know is that when I go out and do a 1.5 - 2 hour ride that I normally do on my road bike it hurts alot more. I've been winter training on a fixie since I was a junior (I hate riding a trainer) and seemed to always help to kick my seasons off well. The climbs and constant riding with no real rest. It might not physically give you a leg up as he says but a winter of riding a fixie can really give you a mental jump start to your season. I guess it really doesn't matter what you do in the winter, just do something.
CM

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am the promoter for Bicycle Dreams and we are coming to Williamsburg on Feb. 16. I am trying to get information to you if you could contact me back at gharrington3165@hotmail.com. Thank you. Garry

    ReplyDelete